DAY 1, 20 NOVEMBER 2018 – TUESDAY
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Registration And Networking Breakfast
9:00 AM – 9:10 AM
Welcome Note from the Chairman
9:10 AM- 9:35 AM
Opening Keynote Speech: The State of RegTech and What is to Come
10:00 AM – 10:40 AM
The Growing Demand for RegTech
- How financial services firms, RegTech companies and regulators can work together to strengthen their approaches to RegTech.
- Encouraging innovation and culture change in large organisations with legacy Systems, data/ technology and a lack of a joined up approach across the business
10:00 AM – 10:40 AM
Panel Discussion: The KYC Challenge- Kyc – Using The Latest Technologies for Onboarding, Verification and Monitoring
- What is the most effective way to use technology to ensure cost-efficient KYC compliance?
- Applying innovative technologies to manage risk and to improve KYC, Onboarding and AML
- How well are firms streamlining KYC processes as part of the onboarding and AML to create competitive advantage?
- Using new digital identities for KYC and onboarding as part of the digital transformation agenda
- What are the cost benefits of adopting new KYC technologies?
- Given the huge number of KYC offerings in the market, how do buyers know which companies to engage with?
- What can KYC RegTech companies do to differentiate themselves and to speed up the sales cycle?
10:40 AM – 11:10 AM
Morning Coffee and Networking Break
11:10 AM -11:35 AM
Leading Financial Institutions and Startups : What Have Proven to be the Most Successful Models for Partnerships
- What have financial institutions and startups and scale-ups?
- What are the benefits to financial institutions that actively engage with the startup market and what are the risks faced by those waiting on the sidelines?
11:35 AM-12:15 AM
Panel Discussion: Tackling the Barriers to the Adoption Of Regtech Throughout Markets, Jurisdictions And Regulators
- How do we encourage companies to be innovative and not to be afraid of failing?
- How much time and budget do companies need to allocate to make RegTech successful?
- How do regulators ease the adoption of RegTech?
12:15 PM -12:40 PM
AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain- Improving KYC
- What progress are we seeing with the application of AI and Machine Learning to speed up and improve efficiency of the KYC and Onboarding, AML and ATF (anti-terrorist financing) due diligence processes?
- How does technology help firms manage anti-money laundering and financial crime risks better and and apply a more effective risk-based approach?
- A new model for KYC? To what extent are blockchain and emerging technologies improving the KYC and Onboarding process?
12:40 PM – 1:40 PM
Networking Hot Buffet Lunch
1:40 PM – 2:20 PM
Panel Discussion: Addressing Cybersecurity Challenges In Financial Services
- What are the biggest cyber threats facing the financial services industry over the next couple of years?
- How have leading financial institutions successfully adopted the latest technology innovations?
- How is AI and big data analytics helping to create more effective cybersecurity solutions?
2:20 PM – 2:45 PM
How blockchain is changing the financial services industry
- Blockchain’s role in enhancing banking practices and improving efficiencies
- Practical applications of how blockchain is revolutionising the financial services industry
- Technical and regulatory challenges to overcome
2:45 PM – 3:10 PM
Keeping Ahead Of Innovation In Risk Management
- What are the latest technology innovations impacting regulation and risk management?
- What are the key regulatory issues on the agenda of the Chief Risk Officer?
What do risk management leaders at financial institutions look for when buying from, or entering into partnerships with, technology solution providers?
3:10 PM – 3:40 PM
Afternoon Coffee and Networking Break
3:40 PM- 4:20 PM
Panel Discussion: The Compliance Leaders’ Perspective
- What issues are at the top of the agenda for compliance and RegTech leaders at major financial institutions?
- How do compliance leaders perceive the RegTech challenge and how do they decide on internal and external resources to be allocated to address it?
- What do leaders of compliance functions need to do to keep their organisations ahead of the competition?
4:20 PM – 4:45 PM
Fighting Fraud & Financial Crime in RegTech
- What are the challenges for a global bank taking an integrated approach to client activity monitoring?
- What is the impact of AI and Big Data technology on anti-fraud and financial crime compliance?
Closing Remarks from the Chairman